I'm involved in research activities with regards to the reconciliation and sharing of heterogeneous data and their publication on the Web as Linked Data, using the Semantic Web technologies, and the support of user communities on large-scale distributed computing infrastructures,
Heterogeneous Data Sharing, Web of Data
I am involved in several activities dealing with the sharing of heterogeneous data: this consists in studying methods meant to overcome data structural and semantic heterogeneity, in order to reconcile and make sense of large data sets on a distributed scale.
In this context, I completed a PhD related to the mediation of heterogeneous data sources through the use of technologies from the Semantic Web, with a specific focus on the translation of data from NoSQL databases into RDF.
Large-scale distributed computing infrastructures
I am involved in various activities related to the European Grid Infrastructure project. I'm the technical coordinator of the Life Sciences Grid Community and I coordinate the activity of the support team for the Biomed research community. I was the instigator and leader of the VO Administration and Operations Portal, funded by the EGI-InSPIRE european project.
Background and Position
- PhD in Computer Sciences at Université Côte d'Azur, March 2017.
- Expert engineer in IRISA team VisAGeS, May 2008 to Dec. 2010
- Expert telecom engineer, company Capgemini Telecom, Media Networks, 1999 à 2008
- Development engineer, company Nortel Networks France, 1995 à 1999
- Engineering degree in Computer Sciences, INSA de Rennes, 1995
Laboratoire I3S, UNS-CNRS
930 route des Colles - Bât. Les Templiers
BP 145 - 06903 Sophia Antipolis CEDEX - France
Tel: +33 4 9296 5004
Email: fmichel [at] i3s [dot] unice [dot] fr
Assistant: Sabine Barrere
Publications & conferences
See full list of publications.
- 2007, 2008, 2009 : module Distributed Systems and Network Programming, University Institute of Technology, Laval, France, 2nd year. 30 hours module, lessons, exercises, and practical.
- 2009, 2010 : Methods for federating heterogeneous medical data in the context of the NeuroLOG project. Faculty of Medicine of Rennes, University of Rennes 1. 2 hours course, 2nd year master MTIBH: Processing Methods for Biomedical and Hospital Informtaion.
Here is my photo stream on Flickr.